Consultation (without treatment)
We will carry out a full oral assessment to establish your oral health and recommend the best treatment for you.
During your oral assessment your dentist will look at:
- Your jaw muscles and jaw joint
- Your gums and bone around each tooth, tongue, throat, cheeks and lips
- Current fillings, crowns and veneers (restorations) and signs of wear
- Teeth and any signs of decay or tooth wear and their alignment
- Appearance and colour of the teeth in the smile line
- The way you bite
- Dental x-rays may be needed to look for
– All of your teeth from the crown to the bottom of the root (checking for abscesses, impacted wisdom tooth positions or ill-fitting restorations)
– Decay inside the tooth or between the teeth
– Abscess or cysts on the roots of your teeth
– Root positions
– Changes in your jaw joint
Once your oral assessment is finished, we will discuss the findings with you and recommend treatment. This will include a discussion about the benefits and risks of each procedure and the treatment costs.